[Intelmq-users] shadowserver parser

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Fri Jul 6 15:46:05 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-06 12:50, Ole Kristoffer Dybvik Apeland wrote:
> We had an issue with shadowserver data today where those feeds that
> only provide a download link would yield a php script.
> I have spoken with someone connected to the project and they are aware
> of the problem.

Thanks!
> Is it possible to let the shadowserver parser drop the messages in
> these instances?
> In it's current form only a warning is given (line 92 in
> bots/parsers/shadowserver/parser.py) even though required_fields are
> missing in the data.

The (in my opinion) correct behavior would be to log the error, dump the
line if configured to do so and continue with the next one.
I pushed a fix which does this, to all branches:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/commit/f33d26da3c3e0ad90187e1c88a00ff67fa5a305c
As it is neither critical nor urgent or important, I won't do a release
right now.
Ignoring data is quite problematic as the program never knows what is
the reason. Shadowserver does change the format regularly.

What we could further do is to check if the first line at least contains
some commas. If not, the input is nonsense. On the other hand: How often
does this really happen?

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201