[Intelmq-users] intelmq-redis experience (OOM error)

Tomislav Protega tomislav.protega at cert.hr
Thu Dec 14 10:44:19 CET 2017

Hi,
thanks for the response.

> Can you include information about your OS version, arch? Also no of
> bots running etc.

# cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"

# uname -a
Linux IntelMQ 4.4.0-87-generic #110-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 18 12:55:35 UTC
2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

At the time of taking down below redis info memory, 6 blocklist.de
collectors were running, including their parsers and 8 expert bots.

redis /var/run/redis/redis.sock> info memory
# Memory
used_memory:3317891992
used_memory_human:3.09G
used_memory_rss:3666083840
used_memory_rss_human:3.41G
used_memory_peak:3317891992
used_memory_peak_human:3.09G
used_memory_peak_perc:100.00%
used_memory_overhead:5421164
used_memory_startup:765624
used_memory_dataset:3312470828
used_memory_dataset_perc:99.86%
total_system_memory:14713245696
total_system_memory_human:13.70G
used_memory_lua:37888
used_memory_lua_human:37.00K
maxmemory:6442450944
maxmemory_human:6.00G
maxmemory_policy:volatile-lru
mem_fragmentation_ratio:1.10
mem_allocator:jemalloc-4.0.3
active_defrag_running:0
lazyfree_pending_objects:0

Also I noticed that every blocklist.de collector throws this error:

2017-12-14 09:08:51,693 - blocklistde-apache-collector - ERROR - Bot
has found a problem.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/intelmq/lib/bot.py", line 144,
in start
    self.process()
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/intelmq/bots/collectors/http/collector_h
ttp.py",
line 54, in process
    ''.format(resp.status_code))
ValueError: HTTP response status code was 502.
2017-12-14 09:25:16,978 - blocklistde-apache-collector - WARNING -
Ignoring report without raw field. Possible bug or misconfiguration of
this bot.

But the data were processed to their parsers.

Kind regards,

- --
Tomislav