[IntelMQ-dev] Trouble building deb package for intelmq-3.2.2

Sebix sebix at sebix.at
Fri Sep 1 13:32:04 CEST 2023

Hi Mika,

On 9/1/23 09:28, Mika Silander wrote:
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -us -b
Maybe you meant '-us -uc'?
>   the build fails with:
>
> test-bot: Bot stopped.
> test-bot: Processed 1 messages since last logging.
> test-bot: Bot stopped.
> test-bot: Processed 1 messages since last logging.
> test-bot: Bot stopped.
> E: pybuild pybuild:369: test: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.10 setup.py test
> dh_auto_test: error: pybuild --test -i python{version} -p 3.10 returned exit code 13
> make: *** [debian/rules:24: build] Error 255
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit status 2
>
>   The host has python3-distutils 3.10.8-1~22.04 installed.

The error message says, that the test command failed. You can find the
failing test(s) by scrolling up a bit, probably a missing dependency. If
you do not want to execute the tests at build, you can as well
deactivate them by setting an environment variable for pybuild (I don't
have the name of the variable at hand, I bet you'll find it quickly).

hope that helps
Sebastian

--
Institute for Common Good Technology
gemeinnütziger Kulturverein - nonprofit cultural society