[IntelMQ-dev] IntelMQ 3.2.1 release with two important bug fixes

Sebix sebix at sebix.at
Mon Aug 28 17:33:39 CEST 2023

Dear IntelMQ community,

Together with CERT.at we just released IntelMQ version 3.2.1 containing
two important bug fixes.

1. A bug in the bot's core library:
 > Fixes an issue which prevented bots from stopping gracefully after
reloading.
 > As logrotate reloads all bots regularly, this bug affects most
IntelMQ installations.

2. A bug in the Reverse DNS Expert bot:
 > Until IntelMQ version 3.2.0, the bot incorrectly cached and re-used
results for /24 networks instead of single IP addresses.
 > If the bot retrieved the PTR for `192.0.43.7`, it was cached for
`192.0.43.0/24` and used for all IP addresses in this range, for example
for `192.0.43.8`.
 > IntelMQ version 3.2.1 fixes this issue.
 > The bugfix will correctly increase the cache sizes and decrease the
performance, as less (incorrect) data is re-used.

Upgrading: https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/develop/user/upgrade.html
Installation:
https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/develop/user/installation.html

The PyPI package and git tag/GitHub release are published. The new
deb-/rpm-packages will hit the repositories in the next few minutes and
the updated Docker image follows soon.

best regards
Sebastian

--
Institute for Common Good Technology
gemeinnütziger Kulturverein - nonprofit cultural society