[IntelMQ-dev] Contribute by Reviews and Maintenance

Sebix sebix at sebix.at
Wed Nov 17 20:23:58 CET 2021

Dear community,

In my last mail on this list I already hided the message that I left
CERT.at a short while ago and I was already asked what that means for
the IntelMQ project.

First of all: Don't panic! IntelMQ is and has always been a community
project, with contributors from multiple teams, countries and
continents[0]. In every release announcement I say thank you to the
community for all the contributions and I really mean it. IntelMQ would
never be that feature-rich without your involvement. All of us are part
of this project, and joining our forces makes us strong.

IntelMQ made various big steps in the last 7 years. It all started with
Tomás Lima and Aaron Kaplan. The architecture was so robust, that it
didn't change since then. I joined one year later and since then I
almost memorized every line of code. In the last years I lost that
ability as more and more code was coming for contributors, who are also
maintaining code. And that's the essence: With IntelMQ growing, it's
important to share the maintenance work.

The IntelMQ project is looking for your contributions, including:
- fixing open bugs[0]
- reviewing open pull requests[1]
- discussing and deciding when to make releases
- testing before we do releases
- documentation
- and much more ;)

IntelMQ is ready for the next evolutional leap forward and you are part
of it!

best regards
Sebastian

[0]: Maybe there will be a Moon- or Mars CERT in the not-so-distant
future? ;)
[1]:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Abug
[2]: https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/pulls