[IntelMQ-dev] RFH: intelmq-manager adaptions to new intelmq-api

Birger Schacht schacht at cert.at
Tue May 4 10:06:41 CEST 2021

Hi *,

tl;dr: we need your help with adapting the intelmq-manager (Javascript)
to the new API endpoints.

due to the changes described in IEP01 regarding the configuration files,
there are a lot of adaptions necessary in the IntelMQ API and in the
IntelMQ Manager. We already updated the API accordingly and removed most
of the file handling logic and replaced the direct file access with
dedicated endpoints for reading and writing the configuration. All the
configuration settings for IntelMQ are now stored in the runtime.yaml
file and there is a correspoinding endpoint /api/runtime for GET and
POST which works with JSON. This replaces the default.conf, runtime.conf
and pipeline.conf configuration files.
While we were at it, we also created endpoints for the harmonization
file (/api/harmonization, GET) and the positions file (/api/positions,
GET and POST).

Now some of the intelmq-manager logic needs to be updated, to work with
the new endpoints. Integrating the harmonziation and positions endpoints
shouldn't be a problem, but the pipeline configuration was now merged
with the runtime so this might need some adaptions in the overall
structure of the Javascript code. Is anyone here experienced enough in
Javascript to tackle that?
A first step would probably be to modify the `load_configuration` method
in the runtime.js file and remove traces of the legacy configuration
files and then use the runtime config to create the app.edges dict using
an updated version of the `read_pipeline_conf` function...

Any help with this task would be appreciated.

cheers,
Birger
--
// Birger Schacht <schacht at cert.at>