[IntelMQ-dev] Intercepting a bot restart and shutdown

Mika Silander mika.silander at csc.fi
Fri Mar 12 10:28:02 CET 2021

Hi,

 A technicality: what is the best way to intercept a bot restart or shutdown (stopping the bot)? I see the Bot class has a stop method, so I assume overriding this method in our own bots would do the trick, correct? In practise, we'd have the usual init and process methods of the bots extended with a stop method that performs its operations and finally calls the super classes' stop(?)

 I'm looking for ways to write a bot's state information to disk before a restart/stopping.

Best regards, Mika