[IntelMQ-dev] Installing new bots from devel host to production host

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Mar 2 12:04:52 CET 2021

On 3/1/21 10:43 AM, Mika Silander wrote:
> I'd like to install from the package management the following to the production host:
>
> intelmq
> intelmq-manager
If you get them from the default (stable) repository, make sure that
your local repository with the changes is either based on the master or
maintenance branch. Otherwise you may see breakages.
> From the development machine I'd like to copy+install the bots, runtime.conf, pipeline.conf and the BOTS conf file to the production machine so as to be able to manage them there using intelmq-manager. Intelmq-manager would be an easier tool for the other admins to adopt than intelmqctl.

Apart from what Bernhard mentioned (installing all the packages normally
- to /usr/lib/python... - and then installing your fork with pip - to
/usr/local/lib/python... overriding the other installation) you can also
have a look at the intelmq-tools by Jean-Paul:
https://github.com/jhemp/intelmq-tools (but I don't know about the
compatibility with recent IntelMQ developments)

With IntelMQ 3.0 (and the preview in the develop branch) such cases will
get easier as we get rid of the BOTS file. There is still more room for
improvement - looking for contributors - as always :)

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201
// CERT Austria - https://www.cert.at/