[IntelMQ-dev] Installing new bots from devel host to production host

Mika Silander mika.silander at csc.fi
Mon Mar 1 10:43:05 CET 2021

Hmmm ... I should have been clearer on my aims and elaborated, so here's a retake:

I'd like to install from the package management the following to the production host:

intelmq
intelmq-manager

>From the development machine I'd like to copy+install the bots, runtime.conf, pipeline.conf and the BOTS conf file to the production machine so as to be able to manage them there using intelmq-manager. Intelmq-manager would be an easier tool for the other admins to adopt than intelmqctl.

Is this a reasonable and feasible aim? Or should I discard the usage of intelmq-manager altogether and copy over /opt/dev_intelmq to the production host and use it as the production setup without intelmq-manager? Earlier I tried to use intelmq-manager (installed from the package management) to manage the bots created under /opt/dev_intelmq but despite a bunch of  hacks I failed to get it working. I admit that there is potentially a version incompatibility between the intelmq and intelmq-manager packages with respect to the bots and tools from  /opt/dev_intelmq so I'm maybe pushing the limits too much here.

Cheers, Mika