[IntelMQ-dev] The IntelMQ 2.3.0 Release candidate waits to be tested

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Mon Feb 22 10:04:57 CET 2021

Dear devs,

We are in the final sprint of releasing the feature release version
2.3.0 and we are actively looking for testers! Ideally, we'd like to
finish the 2.3.0 version at end of February.

As Python 3.6 is required, support for Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16.04 had to
be dropped. The list of supported operating systems is now:

  * CentOS 7 and 8 (with EPEL activated)
  * Debian 10
  * Fedora 32, 33, Rawhide
  * openSUSE Leap 15.1, 15.2, Tumbleweed
  * Ubuntu: 18.04, 20.04, 20.10 (with universe activated)
  * Docker Engine: 18.x or higher

The other major change is the split of the IntelMQ Manager into a
separate API as backend (Thanks Birger) and the switch to Python for the
latter (Thanks SUNET and Intevation).
And thanks for all the numerous contributors who contributed greatly to
the majorly extended feature set, by providing code, bug reports and
other inputs.

For all the other changes, please have a look at the changelog and the
news file in the repository. I will give a more detailed overview of the
changes in the final 2.3.0 announcement.
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/develop/NEWS.md

To install the release candidate version from git, use the "maintenance"
branch or 2.3.0.rc1 Tag (or if you are looking for more adventures, the
"develop" branch,which we will use for the development of 3.0 now).
For installation via pip, use `pip install --pre intelmq`, the version
is called 2.3.0rc1 there.
And for the packages, use the unstable repository:
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:sebix:intelmq:unstable&package=intelmq
For the new beta docker image (Thanks Sebastian Waldbauer), install
certat/intelmq-full: https://hub.docker.com/r/certat/intelmq-full

Also summarized here:
https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev/guide.html#testing-pre-releases

best regards