[IntelMQ-dev] Updates on IEP01

Birger Schacht schacht at cert.at
Tue Apr 27 08:24:29 CEST 2021

Dear *,

after getting rid of the BOTS and the defaults.conf files (see [0]) we
used the last weeks on merging the pipeline.conf and changing the format
of the runtime file to YAML.

The pipeline configuration is now part of the individual bot
configuration in the runtime definition. In addition, there is no more
need to define a source queue for bots, by default the source queue is
called '{botid}-queue', but you can override the name by setting the
source_queue setting.
Another change, one regarding the definition of the destination queues,
is that we will drop support for defining those using a string or a list
of strings. Only named queues [1] are supported for destination_queues,
starting with IntelMQ 3.0.

The announced switch to using YAML for the format of the runtime
configuration is now also merged. We used this change to also change the
fileextension from .conf to .yaml, which means having syntax
highlighting without having to modify your editors configuration ;)
IntelMQ will rename the file for you if it finds a runtime.conf file and
it also updates the format to yaml once it writes the configuration
(i.e. during an upgrade step or if you for change a bot configuration
using intelmqctl).

We also started on updating the documentation to reflect the changes,
feel free to browse the latest version online [2].

cheers,
Birger

[0] https://lists.cert.at/pipermail/intelmq-dev/2021-March/000419.html
[1]