[Intelmq-dev] Should an OutputBot _dump_message()s?

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue May 19 19:04:41 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 5/14/20 2:02 PM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> wondering what an OutputBot should do, if it cannot
> put an event to the output, because of the event itself.
The current (default) behavior is, that if an Output Bot throws an
exception, the message is dumped, just like with every other bot.
> If the bot detects this, it can skip the event,
> but it seems a good idea to preserve enough info how the empty values came to
> be.
>
> The alternatives to dumping would be
>  a) write out the event in the log using self.logger
As we already have the message dumping for this purpose, I'd use the
existing mechanism here.
>  b) just ignore the event

This can be already configured by setting error_dump_message to false

I hope this answers your question.

best regards
Sebastian

--