[Intelmq-dev] new feature upgrade-config: please test

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Jul 30 19:11:33 CEST 2019

Dear community,

On the maintenance/develop branches there's a new functionality to fix
issues in the configuration, or "upgrade" the configuration. This was
some times needed in the past and only covered by entries in the NEWS
file. This includes cases like:

* Discontinued feeds
* Errors in the shipped configuration
* changed configuration syntax
* renamed parameters
* new needed default parameters
* etc.

This function also introduces the "state" file, where intelmq can keep
track of which upgrades have been performed. This would already have
been useful in the past. This also makes debugging problems easier and
maybe we can even introduce a full upgrade function some day...

So, why I am writing here is: This needs testing! Although the programs
makes backups itself, make a backup of your configuration nevertheless.
Then call
> intelmqctl upgrade-conf
And follow the output!

If you want to know what exactly happens, have a look at the
intelmq/lib/upgrades.py and intelmq/bin/intelmqctl.py files

Have fun and please report back your experiences
Sebastian

P.S.: I'd like to finish the 2.0.1 release in the next days/week, so
this will be part of it.

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201
// CERT Austria - https://www.cert.at/