[Intelmq-dev] Write Access to Repositories, Issue Tracker: Develop Community Guidelines

Dustin Demuth dustin.demuth at intevation.de
Fri Jan 6 11:58:52 CET 2017

Hi Team,

As Response to:

> On 05/01/17 13:22, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> > I definitely prefer the current model *for all of us* to send PRs and the
> > core maintainers (mostly Sebix) has to go over the PRs and do some QA
> > before merging them in.
> >
> > It's really a matter of cleanliness and quality assurance.

and

Am Donnerstag 05 Januar 2017 18:40:03 schrieb Sybil Ehrensberger:
> I think keeping pull requests, regardless of whether more people will
> receive write access to the repository, is a good idea. PRs are a great
> way to do code review and get feedback from other contributors before
> merging a new feature. Just because you have write access to the
> repository does not mean that you can no longer make PRs.

Just to clarify my thoughts here: I never intended to remove the PR's from the
process. I also share the opinion that those are a good way contribute new
code and to ensure a certain quality. In addition they give us the
possibility to learn from each other.

Best Regards

Dustin

--
dustin.demuth at intevation.de  https://intevation.de/   OpenPGP key: B40D2EFF
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück; AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998