[Intelmq-dev] How to implement process contol (Re: Run modes + Systemd + Crontab)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 20 10:35:56 CEST 2017

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2017 12:32:52 schrieb Sebastian Wagner:
> So instead of dropping privileges inside intelmq, that could be done by
> the process manager too.

Yes, there are probably several ways how to create a process with lower
privileges and letting it keep some higher privileged resources (like access
to serve tcp port 80).

The main point of my argument is different, though and becomes an argument for
solving the problem that we may need less priviledges users to be able to
change some selected intelmq configuration values. Access control to these
setting would need to be intelmq specific. So it probably is done well within
intelmq's own code. If you follow this argument it becomes and advantage for
implementing a intelmq master process (like the one on postfix) to coordinate
the others.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--