[Intelmq-dev] towards release 1.0

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Sep 20 14:14:33 CEST 2016

Dear contributors and users,

In the last year there have been so many changes to intelmq and now we
are well on the way towards a stable release.

We propose to make *Feature Freeze* *and* a *first release candidate in
October* so we can focus on heavy testing and bug fixing.
This is also the starting point for a better branching strategy:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/650

Then, when all issues are fixed, we can do the release of version 1.0.

Also, we plan to publish packages for some distributions, .deb as well
as rpm. Currently there are still some open questions. But the
installation via pip will be no longer the recommended for production
environments.

To help, you can look at the open issues for 1.0:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22v1.0+Stable+Release%22
Tough I am assigned to most of them, you are encouraged to comment,
review or fix some of the tasks listed there!

The intelmq-manager needs some work to get partially compatible and
*much work* to get it "release-ready", basically a complete rewrite. See
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq-manager/issues/80

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 50564167201