[Intelmq-dev] FYI - priority assignment in issues

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Wed Oct 5 19:03:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

Sebastian and me recently had a meeting at CERT.at - discussing the minimal feature set that we still want to have (from our perspective) for putting a "1.0" label on it.

We came up with a list. I am now prioritising this list.

I took a trick which I learned from another software project and assign priorities to the issues I create in github in the form of Fibonacci sequence numbers: 1,2,3,5,8,13. The benefit of this is that an intuitive value of 13 is really as valuable/high prio as the sum of the previous two priorities.
It's rather a bit geeky, but it seems to work.

Example: https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/722

Anyway. Just letting you know (so that you don't wonder what this is). This is merely to be read as hint as what I see as high prio.
Feel free to adapt the prios or discuss here.

Best,
a.