[Intelmq-dev] Legacy Python support - any blockers for dropping it?

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Mar 15 17:45:08 CET 2016

Dear community,

At our meeting in Osnabrueck, the point about legacy python
compatibility came up again. From a developer perspective, dropping
support for Legacy Python would be great. As Python now has native
unicode support, handling of strings became much easier and unproblematic.

Does anyone have concerns or blocking issues about dropping support for
the 2.7 series? Current Python 3.x is available on all plattforms.

Also, what versions of 3.x are available on your plattform? Currently we
run tests for 3.4 and 3.5.

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 50564167201