[Intelmq-dev] Reports larger than 500 MB in IntelMQ

Dustin Demuth dustin.demuth at intevation.de
Fri Jul 29 08:45:01 CEST 2016

Dear All,

seems we have a solution for this problem now.

Bernhard has created a solution to split large csv-reports into chunks [1].

To do so, the collectors (in this case the "Mail-URL-Collector" which is the
only one affected for our use case) is extended with  `generate_reports()`
from `intelmq.lib.splitreports`.

The collector can be extended with two parameters. Those are `chunk_size`,
determining the size of each chunk (I don't know the unit yet, seems to be
bytes), and `chunk_replicate_header` which replicates the first line of the
file.

From my short look at the code, I see that splitreports cannot process lines
which are comments (you might have seen those starting with a # sign).

Should this be integrated?

[1] https://github.com/Intevation/intelmq/tree/dev-split-csv-reports

--
dustin.demuth at intevation.de  https://intevation.de/   OpenPGP key: B40D2EFF
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück; AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998