[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - 30.08.2018

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Thu Aug 30 18:31:56 CEST 2018

=====================
= End-of-Day report =
=====================

Timeframe:   Mittwoch 29-08-2018 18:00 − Donnerstag 30-08-2018 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  n/a

=====================
=       News        =
=====================

∗∗∗ What are botnets downloading? ∗∗∗
Every day we intercept numerous file-download commands sent to bots of various types and families. Here we present the results of our botnet activity analysis for H2 2017 and H1 2018.
https://securelist.com/what-are-botnets-downloading/87658/

∗∗∗ Crypto Mining Is More Popular Than Ever!, (Thu, Aug 30th) ∗∗∗
We already wrote some diaries about crypto miners and they remain more popular than ever. Based on my daily hunting statistics, we can see that malicious scripts performing crypto mining operations ..
https://isc.sans.edu/diary/rss/24050

∗∗∗ Kritische Lücke in der Klinik: Netzwerk-Gateways am Krankenbett angreifbar ∗∗∗
Capsule-Netzwerkgeräte der Firma Qualcomm Life verbinden Geräte am Krankenbett mit dem Krankenhaus-Netzwerk. Hier klafft eine kritische Sicherheitslücke.
http://heise.de/-4151345

∗∗∗ Intel entwickelt Spezial-Linux für sicherheitskritische Einsätze ∗∗∗
Das Intel Safety Critical Project for Linux OS soll autonome Roboter, Drohnen und selbstfahrende Autos sicher machen.
http://heise.de/-4151374

∗∗∗ Rocke: The Champion of Monero Miners ∗∗∗
Cryptocurrency miners are becoming an increasingly significant part of the threat landscape. These malicious miners steal CPU cycles from compromised devices to mine ..
https://blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/08/rocke-champion-of-monero-miners.html

∗∗∗ Cyberkriminalität - Schwedischer Wahlkampf vermehrt Cyberangriffen ausgesetzt ∗∗∗
Gefälschte Social-Media-Accounts verbreiten vermehrt falsche Informationen
https://derstandard.at/2000086347410/Schwedischer-Wahlkampf-vermehrt-Cyberangriffen-ausgesetzt

=====================
=  Vulnerabilities  =

∗∗∗ Security updates for Thursday ∗∗∗
Security updates have been issued by Debian (libx11), Fedora (bouncycastle, libxkbcommon, libzypp, nodejs, ntp, openssh, tomcat, xen, and zypper), Red Hat (ansible, kernel, and opendaylight), and SUSE (apache2, cobbler, ImageMagick, libtirpc, libzypp, zypper, and qemu).
https://lwn.net/Articles/763824/

∗∗∗ BlackBerry Powered by Android Security Bulletin - August 2018 ∗∗∗
http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?language=en_US&articleNumber=000051163

∗∗∗ Bing Autosuggest API - Moderately critical - Cross Site Scripting - SA-CONTRIB-2018-058 ∗∗∗
https://www.drupal.org/sa-contrib-2018-058

∗∗∗ Drupal Commerce - Moderately critical - Access bypass - SA-CONTRIB-2018-057 ∗∗∗