[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - Mittwoch 7-06-2017

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Wed Jun 7 18:07:33 CEST 2017

Timeframe:   Dienstag 06-06-2017 18:00 − Mittwoch 07-06-2017 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  Olaf Schwarz

*** Rockwell Automation PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 ***
This advisory contains mitigation details for a missing authorization vulnerability in Rockwell Automation's PanelView Plus 6 700-1500.
https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov/advisories/ICSA-17-157-01

*** Digital Canal Structural Wind Analysis ***
This advisory contains mitigation details for a stack-based buffer overflow vulnerability in Digital Canal Structural's Wind Analysis.
https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov/advisories/ICSA-17-157-02

*** Curiosity Kills Security When it Comes to Phishing ***
The results of an academic experiment reveal that recipients of Facebook messages are much more likely to click on suspicious links.
http://threatpost.com/curiosity-kills-security-when-it-comes-to-phishing/126101/

*** Privileges and Credentials: Phished at the Request of Counsel ***
Summary In May and June 2017, FireEye observed a phishing campaign targeting at least seven global law and investment firms. We have associated this campaign with APT19, a group that we assess is composed of freelancers, with some degree of sponsorship by the Chinese government.
http://www.fireeye.com/blog/threat-research/2017/06/phished-at-the-request-of-counsel.html

*** Russische Hacker erteilen Befehle über Britney Spears Instagram ***
Adresse von Kontrollserver wurde in Nutzerkommentar zu Foto des Popstars versteckt.
http://derstandard.at/2000058853606

*** VMware-Admins aufgepasst: Es gibt wichtige Updates für ESXi ***
Wer Version 6.0 des ESXi-Hypervisors von VMware einsetzt, sollte Zeit zum Patchen einplanen. Einige Bugs und Sicherheitslücken wollen ausgebügelt werden.
https://heise.de/-3736872

*** [2017-06-07] Various WiMAX CPEs Authentication Bypass ***
Various WiMAX routers by GreenPacket, Huawei, MADA, MitraStar, ZTE and ZyXEL are affected by an authentication bypass vulnerability that allows an attacker to take over the web interface.

*** PLATINUM continues to evolve, find ways to maintain invisibility ***
Back in April 2016, we released the paper PLATINUM: Targeted attacks in South and Southeast Asia, where we detailed the tactics, techniques, and procedures of the PLATINUM activity group.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mmpc/2017/06/07/platinum-continues-to-evolve-find-ways-to-maintain-invisibility/

*** VMSA-2017-0010 ***
vSphere Data Protection (VDP) updates address multiple security issues.