[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - Donnerstag 2-07-2015

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Thu Jul 2 18:10:45 CEST 2015

Timeframe:   Mittwoch 01-07-2015 18:00 − Donnerstag 02-07-2015 18:00
Handler:     Robert Waldner
Co-Handler:  Alexander Riepl

*** Attackers Revive Deprecated RIPv1 Routing Protocol in DDoS Attacks ***
An advisory from Akamai warns of a recent reflection style DDoS attack in which the deprecated RIPv1 routing protocol was leveraged against targets.
http://threatpost.com/attackers-revive-deprecated-ripv1-routing-protocol-in-ddos-attacks/113582

*** EMC Documentum D2 Input Validation Flaw Lets Remote Authenticated Users Obtain Potentially Sensitive Information ***
A remote authetnicated user can send specially crafted data to inject data query language (DQL) commands and obtain potentially sensitive information from the database on the target system.
The D2CenterstageService.getComments method is affected [CVE-2015-0547].
The D2DownloadService.getDownloadUrls method is affected [CVE-2015-0548].
http://www.securitytracker.com/id/1032769

*** Updated Point-to-Point Encryption standard now provides more flexibility ***
The Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) published an important update to one of its eight security standards, simplifying the development and use of Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) solutions that make payment card data unreadable and less valuable to criminals if stolen in a breach.
http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=18581

*** Final Year Dissertation Paper Release: An Evaluation of the Effectiveness of EMET 5.1 ***
My paper covers three separate exploits that I converted to try bypass EMET 5.1s protections as best I could and the techniques that I used to do so as well as how successful EMET 5.1 was at preventing me from exploiting the vulnerable programs.
http://tekwizz123.blogspot.co.at/2015/07/final-year-dissertation-paper-release.html

*** ENISA's Udo Helmbrecht at EPP Hearing on cybersecurity ***
ENISA's Udo Helmbrecht participated at the EPP Hearing on data driven security, which took place today 1st July 2015, at the European Parliament in Brussels.
Topics discussed included:
Session I: New trends in digital technology developments and cyber threats to security
Session II: Fighting crime: use of new technologies and use of data
Session III: Cyber Security: ensuring security and safety on state and individual levels
http://www.enisa.europa.eu/media/news-items/enisa2019s-udo-helmbrecht-at-epp-hearing-on-cybersecurity

*** How safe is the Windows 10 Wi-Fi sharing feature? ***
... what worries security experts is the fact that it allows users to share access to their password-protected Wi-Fi networks with their Outlook.com contacts, Skype contacts, and Facebook friends.
While this feature can come very handy, it could also open users to security risks.
http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=18584

*** Cisco Security Advisories/Vulnerability Alerts ***
Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager Default Static Privileged Account Credentials
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20150701-cucdm
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance SNMP Denial of Service Vulnerability
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=39611
Cisco Nexus Operating System Devices Command Line Interface Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=39583