[Ach] Successor project/paper of "Applied Crypto Hardening"?

Rᴇɴᴇ́ Pꜰᴇɪꜰꜰᴇʀ lynx at luchs.at
Fri Oct 12 18:21:24 CEST 2018

On Oct 12, 2018 at 1807 +0200, Dominic Schallert appeared and said:
>> Generally these kind of guidelines/documents tend to get outdated
> very quickly as technology moves forward very fast.

I have noticed quite the contrary. TLS v1.0 and TLS v1.1 is still in use,
even TLS v1.2 - many years after the standards were being published.
Adoption is very slow. I am sure that TLS v1.3 implementation will take a
couple of years.

This being said, yes, the best practices and recommendations change, but
not as often as people buy new clients. The ACH guide is still valid for
most configurations.

Cheers,
René.

--
  )\._.,--....,'``.  fL  Let GNU/Linux work for you while you take a nap.
 /,   _.. \   _\  (`._ ,. R. Pfeiffer <lynx at luchs.at> + http://web.luchs.at/