[Ach] removed outdated info on Linux RNG / haveged

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Wed Jul 12 08:24:08 CEST 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 08:03:24PM +0200, Alexander Wuerstlein wrote:

> Btw. is there any reference regarding those deadlocks that haveged
> supposedly could produce according to
> https://lists.cert.at/pipermail/ach/2017-May/002251.html ?

One instance (posted by a collegue who is also on this ML I think) was a
problem with haveged and gpg key generation for a smartcard:

https://lists.gt.net/gnupg/users/79903

One reason this hasn't been observed by a wider audience might be the
bad error messages from programs using a random number generator :-)

In that case it is reproduceable because haveged just started up.

And it might still be something different altogether, I don't think this
was debugged further.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com