[Ach] Feedback to applied-crypto-hardening.pdf - Webservers - Apache

Torge Riedel torgeriedel at gmx.de
Sat Dec 23 12:25:05 CET 2017

Am 22.12.2017 um 13:52 schrieb Sebastian:
>> I remember having problems with just doing a "Redirect permanent ...".
>> I needed to configure Apache like this:
>> [...]
>> to allow redirection to https for every URI. I currently can't
>> remember what went wrong causing me to solve it this way.
> But it would be interesting;)

Well, checked that again. Reason was that I am lazy. Configuring rewrite of all URLs in one config from http to https was easier than adding a permanent redirect for every URL on my server. As I understood the possibility of Redirect/RedirectMatch this does not support all URLs, only the one defined in ServerName.

Sorry for that noise.

Regards
Torge