[Ach] *poke* Is this alive, Jim?

ilf ilf at zeromail.org
Sun Nov 27 21:10:16 CET 2016

I think the interwebs really needs a project like BetterCrypto.

Unfortunately, this project seems pretty dead to me.

1. The website https://bettercrypto.org/ has 8 posts: 1 in 2013, 5 in
2014, and 2 in 2015. There have been no updates in over 2.5 years.

2. There have been a few updates in the repository, but only 4 in the
last 6 months: https://git.bettercrypto.org/ach-master.git/shortlog

3. The XMPP GroupChat advertised on https://bettercrypto.org/contribute/
is empty.

4. This list has about 1 thread per month. In August, one of those
treads was a complaint about not receiving feedback.

So: Is this thing still alive?

If yes: Let's show some enthusiasm, update the website, submit a
lightnening talk at 33C3, debate, and work!

If no: Maybe it's time to shut this down? We're talking about crypto
recommendations here, that stuff gets old quickly (bitrot, technical
debt).

What do you think?

My original question was: I have written a recommendation for ssh_condig
and sshd_config for OpenSSH 7.3. Where do I submit this? GitHub? THis
list? https://git.bettercrypto.org/ach-master.git?

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung