[Ach] MAAWG recommendation

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Thu Feb 4 11:41:58 CET 2016

Hi,

If you use the recommendation for nginx and configure the ciphers to
AES256+EECDH:AES256+EDH with HTTP2 enabled your Chrome users will get:
ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

There'a an issue thread here which is closed with WontFix:

You could add ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 to your cipherlist to satisfy an
HTTP2 MUST requirement:

"To avoid this problem causing TLS handshake failures, deployments of
HTTP/2 that use TLS 1.2 MUST support TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
[TLS-ECDHE] with the P-256 elliptic curve [FIPS186]."

Best regards,
Maciej Soltysiak

DNSCrypt Poland
https://dnscrypt.pl/