[Ach] OpenSSL Cipher Strings: kDHE/kECDHE

Peter Ulber pu at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Mar 10 12:18:55 CET 2015

Hi Aaron,

thanks a lot for your answer.

> It's confusing. So the basic story behind this is that OpenSSL has
> changed their naming of (and how they interpret) cipherstrings. Where
> kDHE/kECDHE are the "newer" nomenclature. Because we also need to
> support old OpenSSL versions we use the old nomenclature.
> If you want to play around with that:
> https://github.com/azet/openssl-compare

Nice tool, thanks. So e.g. kDHE is a notation which is supported by
OpenSSL 1.0.2 (and newer). Before that we have DHE. So in a nutshell:

DHE = kDHE:!aNULL

Right?

> Aaron

Regards,
Peter

--
Peter Ulber --- KIM Basisdienste an der Universität Konstanz
V404 (Tel: +49 7531 88 2622) - Mail/XMPP: pu at uni-konstanz.de
https://www.rz.uni-konstanz.de/rechenzentrum/team/peterulber
S/MIME Fingerprint: E1353193E1BD5ED2F34759168686ABAEFF1F7B9D