[Ach] Fwd: E-Mail Protocol Security Measurements

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Tue Jul 28 22:20:51 CEST 2015

PS:
* Aaron Zauner <azet at azet.org> [28/07/2015 22:13:15] wrote:
> Not sure either. I guess this was en vouge a while ago. The problem
> is I don't want to recommend an officially deprecated port. Ideally
> we'd speak TLS over 587 or something like that.

That being said - personally - I've advised any of my previous
consulting customers to keep maintaining the port for obvious
reasons. I think there's nothing wrong with running all these ports
at once. 465 might be deprecated by IANA but since it's so widely
used no other protocol dares to hog the allocation.