[Ach] Vote for new Cipherstring B [Was: Issue with OpenSSL >0.9.8l]

MacLemon metalab.at at maclemon.at
Fri May 16 14:51:27 CEST 2014

On 15.05.2014, at 21:54, Aaron Zauner <azet at azet.org> wrote:
> some daemons have problems with cipherstrings that long (e.g.
> OpenVPN

IIRC OpenVPN is the ONLY daemon we currently know of that limits the config line length to 255 chars and hence may run into a problem. Did anyone of us already file a bug upstream with OpenVPN to fix that?

In case of OpenVPN you usually know your client software quite well and are likely to chose only a single supported cipher or a handful at most. That of course is just my perception and your mileage will vary.

Best regards
Pepi