[Ach] Vote for new Cipherstring B [Was: Issue with OpenSSL >0.9.8l]

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Wed May 14 14:51:23 CEST 2014

On May 14, 2014, at 2:31 PM, Aaron Zauner <azet at azet.org> wrote:

(...)

>> Can we go over this proposal at the next meeting?
>>
> You missed the mailing list (in CC now).
>
> Sure. The thing is I want this to be changed ASAP since it negatively
> affects all our recommendations for OpenSSL <1.0.0 (see forwarded
> openssl-dev mail). We're currently shipping _non_optimal_ security for
> systems that ship those OpenSSL versions (RHEL5+6, MacOS X, Debian
> old-stable, for example).

Well, that's all good but you are right: I know that I did not manage to follow up with all of mails.
Too busy with stuff.

And I know for sure that many other co-authors do not follow all of the mails on this list as well.
That's why I proposed to talk about that at the next meeting. Might be easier. Just my gut feeling.
Tricky problem...

a.