[Ach] djb on timing weaknesses of ECDSA implementations (& how to design EC signature systems)

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Sun Mar 23 21:09:02 CET 2014

ianG wrote:
> On 23/03/2014 14:45 pm, Aaron Zauner wrote:
>> interesting: http://blog.cr.yp.to/20140323-ecdsa.html
>

> On deprecating DSA, he says:
>
> [...]
Yeah. that's one of the best parts of the blog post, I also really like
how he explains the inner workings of EC and signature algorithms.
Professor Bernstein makes a solid point to depreciate everything thats
DSA. Basically I guess DSA would be O.K. to some extent and for some use
cases, but DSS is just a complete bullshit standard, just take a look at
it. That's also why we've removed DSA host keys in our recommendations.