[Ach] work for the upcoming 1.0 release

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Fri Mar 21 00:44:05 CET 2014

Hi,

We should get to work again I guess and finish our first release.

I've given some thought to the most pressing point and still have a
couple of open questions that a consent of people working on the draft
might solve easily.

	* remove PKI part or shorten it significantly, two reasons:
		- it's too long, but does only cover very basic stuff
		- it does only mention openssl (and only basics) with no
		  further information on windows, OSX and UNIX PKI

	* remove the choosing your own cipher string section, I've
	  argued for that repeatedly since I first tried to finish
	  it. The main reasons:
		- It took us a long time to come up with sane defaults
		  this is not something anyone should 'just do'. we do
		  put out these recommendations for a reason, so people
		  do not have to go through that on their own and may
		  make fatal (security wise) mistakes
		- It would get far to extensive and speculative
		- Maintenance of that section will be a huge burden
		- We do not have anyone working on it. Adi has did not
		  finish it, and after some consideration I will not do
		  this eiter for the above mentioned points

	* remove any configuration section that still lacks most of the
	  information or is completely untested

	* unify all configurations to the same format, that means:
		- 'tested with version',
		  'settings',
		  'notes/additional notes',