[Ach] Apache configuration for RHEL

Wolfgang Breyha wolfgang.breyha at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 7 11:34:17 CET 2014

Axel Hübl wrote, on 07/03/14 09:53:
> Hey Sam,
>
> I think 2.2.x has no chance in using tls 1.2 - even if it sounds
> stupid I would rather recommend upgrading to a newer rhel.
> It's the same problem for the current debian oldstable :)

2.2.x has no problem using TLSv1.2 at all. 2.2.26 even enables ECDHE. It
depends on openssl.

After RH updated openssl to 1.0.1e the 2.2.15 rpm provided works with TLSv1.2
out of the box.

And it's easy to build a RHEL 2.2.15 RPM with mod_ssl from 2.2.26 to get ECDHE
on RHEL 6.5, too.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wolfgang.breyha at univie.ac.at> | http://zid.univie.ac.at/
Vienna University Computer Center              | Austria