[Ach] bettercrypto.org using non-optimal crypto?

Torsten Gigler torsten.gigler at owasp.org
Tue Jul 8 11:20:10 CEST 2014

Hi Alan,

may I suggest to check the ciphers that are active on your browser:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
And provide the Ciphers you get back from ssllabs.com.
(This is the expected standard for Chrome 34:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewClient.html?name=Chrome&version=34&platform=OS%20X
)

According to ssllabs, the server 'bettercrypto.org' should choose: Chrome
34 / OS X
<https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewClient.html?name=Chrome&version=34&platform=OS%20X>
 R  TLS 1.2  TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0x9e)   FS

from the ciphers that your browser supports.

Kind regards
Torsten