[Ach] Audit tool to audit your ciphers: OWASP 'O-Saft' [Update]

Torsten Gigler torsten.gigler at owasp.org
Sat Jul 5 20:17:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

I added STARTTLS-support to the SSL checking tool 'o-saft'.It supports 8
protocols: SMTP and experimental: ACAP, IMAP, POP3, FTPS, LDAP, RDP, XMPP.
I'd be happy if you test it and could send me your experiences.

Alpha Release Code:
https://github.com/OWASP/O-Saft/archive/master.zip

Usage Examples:
./o-saft.pl +cipherraw --nodns jabber.org:5222 --starttls=XMPP
--experimental
./o-saft.pl +cipherraw --nodns jabber.org:5222 --starttls=XMPP
--experimental --trace=2 (including a lot of trace information, more with 3)

More Information:
The Option '+cipherraw' uses a 'SSLhello'-Simulation to check all
possible ciphers (even those, that are not yet defined by IANA). This
works independantly from the libraries you have installed on your local
client
(see:http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2014-June/011911.html).
You can even check the ciphers of sites that are protected by a client
certificate, as the simulation ends before you need it.

Podcast with the Main Developer Achim Hoffman:
https://soundcloud.com/owasp-podcast/achim-hoffman

Kind regards
Torsten