[Ach] (no subject)

szebi szebi at gmx.at
Sun Jan 12 14:48:32 CET 2014

Hi Andreas,

On 01/12/2014 01:18 PM, Andreas Mirbach wrote:
> Ok, i see startssl is a little difficult. But we can't provide a how
> to for that, i think.
> Because every ca has a slightly different process and every ca already
> provides a how to optain a certificat in there faqs. If your still in
> trouble i can help you to understand the startssl process.
>
> @all ahmad pionted out that some ssl starters don't realy know how to
> retrieve a ssl certificate. I can remember my first try on that. So
> maybe a section that describs the general process of generating a
> certificat and signing it by a ca would be very helpfull. What do you say?
Do you know Section 3.8 on Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)? There's a
section about creating a certificate and sign it by an external CA, one
about building your own CA and one describes how to create a self-signed
cert.

We could refer to this section more often in the Practical Settings, but
then we would have that link in every section, which appears to me like
overkill.

regards,
Sebastian