[Ach] Fwd: SSH Pubkey authentication?

Lorenz Intichar lorenz at intichar.at
Mon Jan 6 18:02:23 CET 2014

Hi Aaron,

just as a matter of interest: What security-wise disadvantages do you see
in ssh pubkey authentication, especially with a private key password set?

A big advantage is (of course) that password-guessing is impossible with
just pubkey, a disadvantage is that the right private key has to present
wherever the operator is, possibly on unsafe devices like smartphones. But
that issue is (hopefully) sufficiently addressed by password-protecting
the private key?

Best regards,
Lorenz