[Ach] OpenSSH settings

Andy Wenk andy at nms.de
Fri Jan 3 11:38:11 CET 2014

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank the authors for creating
bettercrypto.organd the draft document. I strongly believe, that we
need this. I hope it
will help to start a broader discussion and rethinking about how to secure
everyones data.

Following the instructions in 2.2.1. OpenSSH of the draft document, I added
the settings for Ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms to /etc/ssh/sshd_config of
my Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS box. Unfortunately after having restarted the service
(service ssh restart), I was not able to login to the box via ssh. So my
question is: how do I have to create the ssh keys to be able to login. Her
is the output I receive when trying to login:

OpenSSH_6.2p2, OSSLShim 0.9.8r 8 Dec 2011
debug1: Reading configuration data /*****/*****/.ssh/config
debug1: /*****/*****/.ssh/config line 16: Applying options for nms
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 20: Applying options for *
debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 53: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to www.****.de [IP_ADDRESS] port 22.
debug1: connect to address IP_ADDRESS port 22: Connection refused
ssh: connect to host www.****.de port 22: Connection refused

Thanks for any help with this.

Cheers

Andy