[Ach] Incoming suggestions

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Jan 2 00:11:07 CET 2014

On 01.01.2014, at 23:46, szebi <szebi at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I would consider Docbook <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DocBook> as the
> best alternative for LaTeX and our target formats. I don't have much
> experience in using it, but I could dive into it if necessary.
>
> For the other option, keeping LaTeX, HTML and TXT are not as easy as PDF
> - that's obvious, but not that complicated. I would for example look at
> freiesmagazin how they are processing the TeX → HTML, but there are so
> many other resources out there. Anyway we need to do some pre- and
> postprocessing of the HTML-compiler in- and outputs if using Tex4ht,
> Hyperlatex, latex2html, latexml, hevea or tth.

Right.

@DocBook: IMHO it is a good idea to avoid the XML-based stuff, but that’s me.
Probably ORG-mode[1], or sphinx[2] would fit if latex turns out to be a burden,
because the txt version "comes for free", and the latex/html exported by both is
quite usable.

Best
	-Tobias
[1] http://orgmode.org/ (mainly emacs, but external tools exist)