[Ach] getting rid of CAMELLIA

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Thu Feb 6 22:42:38 CET 2014

Aeh. forget the part about shor's. Thats factoring specific. Not sure why I
associated AES with that. O_o.

So the idea is that quantum computers can brute force some algorithms in
polynomial time. AES is one of the algorithms that still provides good
security, I've been googling for a non-scientific article on the topic:
http://blog.kaspersky.com/quantum-computers-and-the-end-of-security/

"""
By the way, good symmetric algorithms, e.g. AES, don’t have flaws allowing
that kind of dramatic bruteforcing speedup. By existing estimates,
bruteforcing 256-bit AES key on quantum computer is equal to bruteforcing
128-bit AES on a classic computer, so security levels remain very high.
"""

Aaron