[Ach] Firefox 27.0 now supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:09:21 CET 2014

Hi, all.

Firefox 27.0 was released[0] yesterday and now supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2,
and should therefore have some new crypto algorithms available for use.
The How's My SSL website[1] shows that Firefox is now "Probably ok" (was
"Bad" before), and a visit to Google over TLS[2] shows that Firefox is
now using AES_GCM instead of AES_CBC.  Not sure if this will influence
the order of preferred ciphers in our CipherSuite...?

Cheers!

[0] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/27.0/releasenotes/
[1] https://www.howsmyssl.com/
[2] https://encrypted.google.com/

--
Alan Orth
alan.orth at gmail.com
http://alaninkenya.org
http://mjanja.co.ke
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone." -Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++
GPG Public Key: 0xf92c4bd91084bb5de14e20be9470dd588dd1026c