[Ach] recent spiegel docs

Manuel Groß mgr at nordkrater.de
Mon Dec 29 11:56:07 CET 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 01:37:34 +0100
christian mock <cm at coretec.at> wrote:
> SSH: AFAICT, they only mention it in passing, no indications to the
> kind of techniques used, but they seem to have some capabilities.
> What's the buzz about that at the congress?

There is indeed noindication of the kind of techniques used. If I
recall it correctly, there are some claims and internal rumors by the
NSA (which they usually don't do otherwise). Also Jacob talked[0] about
handshakes being recorded to analyze them retrospectively and disclosed
the locations where this happens.

Anyways, the takeaway of the talk/documents as I got it is that the NSA
fears the use of GPG, of OTR and of Tails, since it's "catastrophic" to
decrypt.

[0]
http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2014/31c3_-_6258_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201412282030_-_reconstructing_narratives_-_jacob_-_laura_poitras.html#video

--