[Ach] Proposal to change B cipher spec

ianG iang at iang.org
Fri Apr 4 22:31:22 CEST 2014

On 2/04/2014 21:29 pm, Aaron Zauner wrote:
> While we're at it, could we get rid of camellia as well?
>
> 	* no constant time implementation
> 	* no extensive cryptanalysis - at least not as extensive as AES
> 	* not actively used anywhere as far as I'm aware of

I believe it should be got rid of.  It is not used enough, and it
represents a drag on other implementations.  Its purpose is to allow a
switch-over algorithm in case AES goes bad, but I see no history that
this has worked well for us.

Also, in the future, there are going to be new suites.  I suspect for
their sins the TLS community is trying to get a new suite in place using
ChaCha/poly.

iang