[Ach] Some Marketing for ACH

Pepi Zawodsky pepi.zawodsky at maclemon.at
Tue Nov 26 15:12:24 CET 2013

There, I said the “M-Word”…
But in fact, this is what we have to do once the content is ready for publication. Dear friends of mine are happy to help with marketing this monstrosity to our self-chosen target audience (System administration).

They already said that targeting C-Level executive may help to get top-down support for wider acceptance. On the other hand, empowering users with simple test tools like SSLLabs Server test may help to get a crowdsourced effort to “at least get an A” kind of annoying questions movement going.

They even offered to do a short intro video for the project we could put on the Website/Youtube/Vimeo/YouNameIt.

Or in the style of the famous Metalab Propaganda Posters:
https://mirror.maclemon.at/Metalab_Better_Crypto_Propaganda.jpg

Anecdote:
I showed SSLLabs to the audience at yesterday's CryptoParty at the Metalab. Mostly non-geeks. “But how can I tell if a website is good at https?” they asked. They immediately felt empowered with that simple test even though they knew they wouldn't have an easy time to understand all the technical details, but they knew, everything less than an A was something that needed fixing.

Best regards
Pepi