[Ach] General agreement on cipher and hash strength and choice

Adi Kriegisch adi at kriegisch.at
Mon Nov 25 20:23:43 CET 2013

Hi!

> I’m not sure how some of you came up with those ciphersuites - I mean
> they are OK - but just adding stronger ciphers (as in bitlenght) does not
+necessarily make a ciphersuite more secure.
As I added that cipher sting and the "TODO: team" I feel responsible! :)

I'd suggest everyone has a look at the IANA page[1] with all possible
cipher
suites and picks a personal list (hopefully with some reasoning) ;)
Producing a new cipher string should be easy once we agreed on a list...

-- Adi

[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xhtml