[Ach] General agreement on cipher and hash strength and choice

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Sun Nov 24 21:12:02 CET 2013

I agree and that is exactly what I as well already remarked.

There is no reason to exclude AES128 - actually there is less cryptanalysis known on the 128bit version as opposed to the 256bit version.
SHA256 && 512 both look fine to me. As for RSA: When using GPG we could include 4096 bits w/o a problem, as far as I can tell. For webservers 4096 bits seems a bit much - at least for large-traffic or high-bandwidth sites (see previous mails about the speed).

Aaron