[Ach] SMTP client mode ciphers

Pepi Zawodsky pepi.zawodsky at maclemon.at
Mon Nov 18 18:51:00 CET 2013

I second the motion for explanations why the distinction between SMTP and Submission is necessary. Many Mailservers accept MUA/MTA connections on 25 and still do not use submission.
It might be an excellent opportunity to bring this infrastructure to use 587 with mandatory TLS and authentication and only accept MTA/MTA on 25/465 with opportunistic TLS.

This would also fit the best-practice efforts.

Best regards
Pepi