[Ach] NIST review of cryptographic standards

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Thu Nov 7 11:19:10 CET 2013

On 07 Nov 2013, at 00:02, Maarten Van Horenbeeck <maarten.vhb at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right. Today it would be difficult to add them to a default configuration, as the support simply is not there on the server or client side, but in the near future these will make good alternatives for things like AES-GCM.

I agree! Those ciphers look really promising for good security and performance. As i wrote in a Mail before Adam Langley seems to work on an RFC for ChaCha20 in TLS.

TLS 1.3 is also in the works, but there has been discussion regarding some of the decisions lately: https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/397901629737144320