[Ach] summary + links from the 2013-11-04 meeting

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Tue Nov 5 16:39:49 CET 2013

Hi [ACH] List,

  we had a very productive meeting yesterday evening.
This mail is a short summary and adds some links.

By the way: with all the links and papers which have been floating around on this list now, I never saw a *simple*, *easy* copy&paste-able instruction for sysadmins. So, our feeling that there is a real market niche here, seems to be confirmed every time. We are on the right track!

All right. So, the meeting was productive, we added settings for Apache, NGinx, postfix, dovecot.

Here are still some links from yesterday:

SSL/TLS Cipher Suites Lists:
http://www.carbonwind.net/TLS_Cipher_Suites_Project/tls_ssl_cipher_suites_simple_table_all.htm

Dan Bernstein's analysis of ECC:
http://safecurves.cr.yp.to/rigid.html

Adi has a problem to recommend ECC (his judgement is based on Dan's analysis).

---
// L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 78
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/
// Eine Initiative der nic.at GmbH - http://www.nic.at/